The animal kingdom is amazing in its own way. There are millions of species in the animal kingdom. The numbers keep growing every year as new species being discovered by our scientists. While the population of the animal kingdom is certainly an interesting aspect to discuss, there are other interesting facts about the animal kingdom that you need to know. To start with let me share with you some interesting animal facts.
Little known facts about animals:
- A cow can produce up to 200,000 glasses of milk in its lifetime. This is more milk than a person can consume in his lifetime. Another interesting thing about cows is that you will never find two cows with matching spots.
- True buffaloes live only in Asia and Africa. The commonly referred American buffalo is actually a bison. There are differences between bison and buffalo. One huge difference between bison and buffalo is that a bison has a huge hump on its back but a buffalo doesn’t.
- Horses can eat up to seven times their own weight each year. That’s a lot of eating. They weigh approximately 1,200 pounds.
- A lion is a very loud animal. You can hear its roar from a distance of about 5 miles.
- Cheetas are the fastest animals in the entire world. They can sprint at a speed of up to 120km/h. Besides their speed, they have a very load vocal. You can hear them from a mile away.
- When it comes to the largest land animals on the earth, it is the mighty elephant. It weighs up to 200 pounds. It has a pair of beautiful tusks which keeps growing all through its lifetime.
- Chimpanzees are next to humans in terms of intelligence. They are clever enough to make their own tools to get their food. This is a unique behavioral trait in the chimpanzee that can’t be seen in other animals.
- Giraffes are the tallest animals on the earth. Their legs are taller than many humans. The tallest giraffe in the world stands at a height of over nineteen feet.
- Koalas are the sleepiest animals on the planet. They can sleep for up to 22 hours a day.
Some more interesting facts:
A group of owls is called a parliament.
A group of crows is called a murder.
A group of rhinoceros is called a crash.
An octopus has three hearts.
An ostrich can run faster than a horse.
I really hope you found this post useful and informative. Do you have any queries or suggestions related to this post? If you have any, feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section below. I will try and answer all your questions and take your feedback into consideration. Also, let me know if you want to find out more animal facts. I will be glad to share more insights with you.
To show your support, share this post with your friends on social media and elsewhere. Thank you very much for reading!