Auto Rickshaws are an integral part of public transportation in India. They are used by millions of people every day and even purchased by thousands of people every day here. There are a lot of three-wheelers available in the market and they come in a variety of options like loading rickshaw, auto-rickshaw, and carriage rickshaws with a variety of fuel options including, CNG, LPG, Petrol, and Diesel.
Auto Rickshaws are definitely a good choice for traveling within the city limits and they can be the best-suited options for 2-3 people who want to explore a new city or just want to take a ride from the railway station to the desired destination within the city. There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of traveling in an auto-rickshaw and some of the major ones are listed below.
Some Advantages Of Auto Rickshaw
- Auto rickshaws are more affordable when you contrast them with a four-wheeler and they are additionally more affordable than four-wheelers with regards to support and fixes.
- Three travelers can easily sit in an auto-rickshaw and they are more steady than bikes and motorbikes. Solace is anything everybody needs when they are voyaging anyplace.
- Auto rickshaws cost considerably less than a taxi and travelers can arrive at their objective by paying a lot less expensive passage. When contrasted with the cabs, you pay almost no for a similar excursion in the event that you are going by an auto-rickshaw.
- Auto rickshaws take a lot less space on streets and stopping openings when contrasted with four-wheelers. They are additionally exceptionally simple to deal with, and they can travel through spaces rapidly.
- It is more economical to run an auto-rickshaw on CNG as compared to cars. They cause less pollution in comparison to cars that run on petrol or diesel. They also give users more mileage in CNG when you compare it with a CNG-based four-wheeler.
- It is easier to manufacture an auto-rickshaw as compared to four-wheelers because of their compact size and they require much lesser components.
- All the parts that you need for repairing auto-rickshaws are very cheap as compared to the four-wheeler and it is available everywhere you go.
Some Disadvantages Of Auto Rickshaws
- One principle drawback of purchasing an auto-rickshaw is they are more costly when contrasted with bikes or motorbikes and can’t move as quickly as a two-wheeler through the congested roads.
- Auto rickshaws lack safety tools such as doors and seat belts for everyone. Auto rickshaws do not even have seat belts of the driver making the ride very dangerous for everyone.
- They likewise create a ton of commotion contamination and wrongfully worked auto-rickshaws regularly disregard transit regulations. Although the new four-stroke engines are much quieter than the previous ones, they still create a lot of noise pollution, especially in the small streets.
- There are greater chances of accidents due to imbalance created at larger speeds while driving any auto rickshaws.
- If you want to travel short distances, then auto-rickshaws charge you more as compared to traditional rickshaws, electric rickshaws, or bikes.
- As they are open from all sides it becomes difficult many times for people to travel in extreme conditions like extreme cold, rain, or hot temperatures.
- If you want to reach somewhere at a faster pace, you cannot really depend on them as they cannot go to great speeds like the taxis. Moreover, at greater speeds, they are less stable.